Tourism Minister, Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane, has again urged businesses in the Tourism-industry to comply with the level 2 lockdown regulations, saying the non-compliance would make it difficult to convince overseas travelers to visit South Africa.
The Minister last week participated in a panel discussion on the road ahead for the country’s tourism industry, hosted by the National Press Club.
She says South Africa has been listed as a high-risk country by some overseas countries.
She says videos of non-compliance by restaurants and tourism-businesses end up on social media, which could see overseas countries discouraging their citizens from visiting the country.
We hosted @Tourism_gov_za Minister @mmKubayiNgubane at @timesquareza this morning. The Minister spoke about the road ahead for #TourismSA as we kick off #TourismMonth2020. Thank you to MGG for the stunning set-up and live feed and thanks to the panellists who participated! pic.twitter.com/jaaYfkipqQ
— National Press Club (@npclub) September 4, 2020
— Dept of Tourism (@Tourism_gov_za) September 4, 2020