Thousands of well-wishers are expected to line the streets of Cape Town to greet reigning Miss Universe Zozibini Tunzi when she rides in a specially designed float through the city of Cape Town on Friday morning as part of her triumphant homecoming tour.
Tunzi’s mode of transport in Cape Town is a float swathed in ribbons in the colours of the South African flag and fitted out with a throne that is a replica of her Miss Universe crown. It was first unveiled during her visit to Mthatha at the weekend.
The float will leave Cape Town City Hall on Friday, February 14, at 10.40am and the route is as follows:
• Float departs City Hall along Darling Street
• Turns left into Adderley Street
• Along Adderley Street and turns right into Wale Street
• Along Wale Street and turns left into Long Street
• Along Long Street and turns right into Buitensingel
• Turns right into Loop Street
• Along Loop Street and turns right into Strand Street
• Along Strand Street and turns left into Adderley Street
• Along Adderley Street to Hertzog Boulevard
• Turns right into Hertzog Boulevard
• Along Hertzog Boulevard onto Nelson Mandela Boulevard
• Ends at Searle Street turn-off at around noon.