The Western Cape Education Department says schools yesterday resumed without any interruptions.

School management teams and support staff had already gone back to work on Thursday, 22 July, to prepare for the return of learners & teachers.

Director of Communications at the WCED, Bronagh Hammond says uncertainty, due to the taxi-violence, did affect attendance at some schools.

Read the Department’s full statement here.

Related articles:

The Department of Basic Education says all the required Covid-19 health and safety protocols would be in place when primary schools learners would be required to return to school on a full-time basis toward the end of July.

Minister Angie Motshekga gazetted the changes to the school guidelines late last week which says that ALL primary school learners will have to report for classes on a full-time basis on 26 July.

Spokesperson, Elijah Mhlanga says studies have shown that primary school learners are not at high risk of Covid-19.

Read more here.

Related articles: