The Ad-Hoc Joint Committee on Flood Disaster Relief and Recovery says rebuilding houses & infrastructure in KwaZulu-Natal, after the recent devastating floods, will cost more than R25-billion.
The floods, in April, left more than 450 people dead.
The committee’s chairperson, Jomo Nyambi, says they paid the province a visit last week to gauge the overall damage.
Nyambi says there is also a great need for humanitarian assistance to be rolled out to affected residents.
Watch the full briefing here.
Read more on the committee’s work here.
- 66 healthcare facilities affected by the recent flooding in KwaZulu-Natal.
- Real time audits of disaster funds.
- More than 4,800 police officers deployed to flood-stricken KwaZulu-Natal.
Ad Hoc Joint Committee On Flood Disaster Relief And Recovery Oversight Visit To KwaZulu – Natal, KwaDukuza 30 May 2022 https://t.co/cP87V8D4lJ
— Parliament of RSA (@ParliamentofRSA) May 30, 2022