Duby says it also led to higher levels of anxiety and depression among participants.
She says there was however a silver lining to be found in all the devastation.
Read more here.
- Women on the African continent have been severely negatively impacted by Covid-19 pandemic.
- UNICEF: Negative impacts of Covid-19 pandemic will be felt in education sector for years to come.
— Social Finance UK (@socfinuk) March 23, 2022
Mayor Geordin Hill-Lewis says the City’s Care Programme budget has been increased to almost R80-million to fight homelessness.
Hill-Lewis, during his first budget speech this week, said he believes Cape Town must become a more caring city that does more to protect the vulnerable.
The Mayor says, like other cities around the globe, Cape Town also faces this complex social issue which is worsened by poverty, drug use, a lack of housing availability, domestic abuse, and mental illness.
Access Hill-Lewis’ budget speech here.
- Hill-Lewis: Billions allocated towards making Cape Town SA’s first loadshedding-free city.
- Everything you need to know about the WCED budget.
- R40 million allocated to fight cybercrime in the Western Cape.
This year, the City will spend R61.5 billion on doing more for Capetonians – more for safety, more for basic services, more for a growing economy.
— Geordin Hill-Lewis (@geordinhl) March 31, 2022
Comment on the City’s draft 22/23 budget and new draft Integrated Development Plan.
We are Doing More for Safety, Services, and Jobs.
— City of Cape Town (@CityofCT) March 31, 2022