The Department of Health has confirmed that Vooma Voucher has been increased to R200. When the campaign was launched two months ago, people were promised a R100 voucher for getting their jab. The voucher is offered to over 50’s as an incentive to get the Covid-19 vaccine.
It can be redeemed at a Shoprite or Checkers store and so far over 260 000 people have received the Vooma Voucher. The voucher is valid for 30 days.
These are the guidelines for the Vooma Voucher:
- For the month of November (starting 1 Nov for 60-year-olds and 18 November for 50-year-olds), every person who is 50 years and older and goes for their very first Covid-19 jab, will automatically receive notification of a R200 voucher as an SMS on the cell number they gave for vaccination.
- It can redeem it at any Shoprite, Checkers or Usave store.
- You will be invited to send an SMS to say “Yes” to confirm and that would like to receive it. This SMS is free.
- Those people who do not yet have a free Money Market Account with Shoprite will need to register either in-store or by free USSD, WhatsApp or mobile App. This free service will ensure that the voucher can be traced and re-issued if it is lost and if it has not already been redeemed. It also means that people do not have to spend the full voucher all at once.
- The voucher is valid for 30 days after receiving it.
- Vouchers will be issued until the end of December 2021 or until vouchers run out, whichever comes first.
- Vouchers are given for the one dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine and the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine.
— Department of Health (@HealthZA) November 30, 2021
And good news for people who already claimed the R100 voucher, they will receive a follow-up message to claim another R100 now that the incentive has been increased to R200.
To date, more than 260,000 vouchers have been issued.
You can contact Shoprite tollfree on the helpline 080 001 0709 and they will assist with any issues regarding the Vooma Voucher.