Ts and Cs
- The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at https://smile904.fm/general-contest-guidelines/) apply to ‘SMILE 90.4FM’S R2 MILLION. 1 LISTENER CAN WIN IT ALL!’ radio competition (the “Competition”) which will run from 07/10/2019 to 29/11/19 on Smile 90.4FM (the “Radio Station”).
- Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have understood these Rules along with the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them. The Terms and Conditions are available on request from the Smile 90.4FM.
Details of the Competition:
- To enter the Competition, an Entrant must listen to Smile 90.4FM, and identify and SMS in when they hear any song by a specified artist (the “2M Hit”) as directed on-air by the presenter(s).
- The specified artist required to be identified by listeners will change daily at the discretion of Smile 90.4FM and will be announced on-air by the presenter(s).
- A song (or a standard Smile 90.4FM edit of a song) must be played in full to count as the 2M Hit. For the avoidance of doubt, elements of advertisements, short clips, extracts or background music do not constitute the 2M Hit.
- An Entrant must send a SMS message to 45729 (the “SMS Line”).
- SMS messages will be charged at R1.50.
- Listeners will have the duration of the 2M Hit to enter. If listeners SMS either before the start or after the end of the 2M Hit, they will not be entered into the Competition but may still be charged. Cape Town Radio (Pty) Ltd t/a Smile 90.4FM is not responsible for any latency experienced by your mobile phone network, which may delay the delivery of SMS messages to and/or from us.
- Once the SMS lines have closed, one entry will be selected at random from all the entries received during that round. If the selected entry is eligible and sent at the correct time (i.e. during the duration of the 2M Hit), the Entrant will be called back and declared the winner. If the entry is ineligible or is not sent at the correct time, another entry will be selected and declared a finalist (to stand a chance to win R2 Million).
- All Entrants will be required to talk to the presenter/s either live on air, or a call will be recorded with the presenter/s and then later played on-air. If an Entrant fails to answer their phone, is driving, or if any fault occurs immediately prior to or during the call and it is not possible to re-establish contact with the Entrant, they will forfeit their chance to win and another entry will be selected at random.
- The number of rounds played each day is flexible and will be decided at the discretion of Smile 90.4FM. Competition rounds will be announced in advance by the presenter(s) on-air. Smile 90.4FM reserves the right to take the Competition off air for public holidays, or at other times when programming output requires it.
- For the avoidance of doubt, each Competition round is a separate round and the SMS system will be re-set after each round.
- Players and Finalists may be required to take part in publicity (including interviews) with national and regional media at the request of Smile 90.4FM. By entering this competition, Entrants agree that Smile 90.4FM may use their name, hometown, photo and any video or audio recording of their contribution for advertising and promotional purposes without additional notice or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Every Friday, four (4) listeners who entered (via SMS) will be drawn. Their names and last four (4) digits of their phone number will be read out live on-air.
- The four (4) listeners will have 904 seconds to call us back.
- The first listener that calls us back, that is correctly identified, will become a finalist.
- Entrants must be aged 18 years or over.
- Entries are not limited per entrant. We strongly advise against excessive use.
- Entrants must have a South African bank account in their name as the cash prize will be paid by EFT transfer or cheque
- If an Entrant is announced as a winner on air but is later found to be ineligible, another winner may be selected in their place.
- The total prize fund that could be won at the end of the competition is Two Million Rand.
- Prizes are non-transferable, and no alternative is available.
- Cape Town Radio (Pty) Ltd t/a Smile 90.4FM reserves the right to change the prize or part of it at any time.