Eskom has cautioned it will take a few weeks for the power generation system to fully recover to pre-strike levels. There is no word on the wage negotiations.
The power utility aims to gradually reduce loadshedding to Stage 2 by the weekend.
Loadshedding will be implemented as follows over the next few days (unless things change):
- Stage 4 is currently being implemented until midnight.
- Stage 2 loadshedding will then be implemented until 05:00 on Monday morning.
- Stage 4 loadshedding will be implemented at 05:00 until 16:00 on Monday.
- From 16:00 until 22:00 on Monday Stage 6 loadshedding will be implemented, before it is lowered to Stage 4 until midnight.
- On Tuesday Stage 2 loadshedding will be implemented from midnight until 05:00, before increasing to
Stage 4 at 05:00 -16:00.
- Stage 5 loadshedding will be implemented at 16:00 – 22:00.
- Loadshedding will then be lowered to Stage 4 until midnight.
Eskom currently has 3 384MW unavailable due to planned maintenance, while another 18 319MW of capacity is
unavailable due to breakdowns.