Cape Town NGOs have been invited to apply for a slice of more than R14 million in grant funding, that has been made available by the City.
The funding is for registered organisations working with vulnerable groups, and which complements the Social Development and Early Childhood Development Department’s objectives.
It comes just months after the City signed memoranda of agreement with a number of organisations in the same sectors to provide humanitarian relief and services through the disbursement of R20 million in grant-in-aid funding for a six-month period until the end of 2020.
The funding is available to qualifying organisations who work with the following groups:
• Youth Development and education
• Early childhood development (ECD)
• Gender-based violence (GBV)
• Persons with disabilities
• Street people
All applications must be accompanied by:
• A copy of the latest, audited financial statements or audit certificate if grant funding was received from the City in previous financial years
• A copy of the organisation’s constitution
• A copy of the organisation’s latest municipal rates and services accounts (if applicable)
• A zero-rated VAT invoice if confirmed as a VAT vendor
• Valid tax clearance certificate (applications will not be accepted without a valid tax clearance accompanying the application)
• Date of establishment of organisation
• Type of organisation (NPO, Section 21 company)
• Details of previous funding by the City
• Details of other funding received from the City for the current financial year
• Detailed description of project to be implemented
• Information on how the allocation of a grant-in-aid will promote job creation and the estimated number of job opportunities it will create
• Detailed breakdown of project costs
• Project start and end date
• A detailed business plan explaining funding proposal applied for
The closing date for applications is 27 November 2020. Applicants can contact Genevieve Adams on 021 400 1139 or SocialDevelopment@capetown.gov.za for official grant application forms or more information.