The City of Cape Town’s Arts and Culture Branch has launched a mural design competition, giving artists the opportunity to see their work on a wall. The competition is open to amateurs and professionals of all ages.
All public artists can submit aesthetically pleasing and appropriate, but creative mural designs to enter this competition.
The winning entry will be placed on the wall at the Manenberg Contact Centre in Vygieskraal Road and the City will provide the logistics and equipment for the winning artist to implement their mural.
Details on the application process will be advertised in a number of community newspapers from next week (20 November) and the submission period is from Monday 9 December 2019 to Friday 10 January 2020.
To submit your entry:
· Complete an application form and submit it with your mural design
· The mural design must be done on an A3 size sheet of paper
· The application form is obtainable on the City’s website, your nearest library or sub-council office
· The application form with the mural design must be delivered to your nearest library or sub-council office.
· Email the application form with the mural design (pdf format) to Artsand.Culture@capetown.gov.za
You can also request the entry form by sending an email to Artsand.Culture@capetown.gov.za.