The Department of Basic Education says it has provided employment-opportunities to close to 320-thousand young people, to assist at schools during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Department’s Youth Employment Stimulus Initiative, was launched in December of last year, and forms part of President Cyril Ramaphosa’s nationwide employment stimulus programme.
Spokesperson, Elijah Mhlanga says the young people assisted as teaching and general assistants at schools.
He says the initiative comes to an end next week.
The @DBE_SA successfully implemented the Presidential Youth Employment Stimulus, which comes to an end 31 March. Young people were equipped with meaningful skills in ICT, Curriculum, Child &Youth Care, Reading Champions &Infrastructure to improve their employability #education pic.twitter.com/9keLNxmR3k
— Dr Makgabo Reginah Mhaule (@ReginahMhaule) March 23, 2021
— Dep. Basic Education (@DBE_SA) March 22, 2021