While Stage 4 power cuts are in effect for Eskom customers, until Friday morning, the City of Cape Town is managing to protect its customers to a degree – Stage 3 load-shedding is in effect between 06:00 and 22:00, upgrading to Stage 4 between 22:00 and 04:00.
Between 05:00 and 06:00 the City has indicated they will not be load-shedding.
In the audio in this link, the City’s Executive Director for Energy and Climate Change, Kadri Nassiep, explains how the City manages Eskom’s Stage 4 load-shedding, at short notice.
The City has reminded customers that blackouts typically cause power faults and increased service requests.
- Keep devices charged.
- Treat traffic lights that are out due to load-shedding as four-way stops. First to stop may proceed if it is safe to do so
- Let the City know if your power stays off for longer than the load-shedding schedule.
- Service requests typically increase during load-shedding.
- City’s service channels (please only use one channel and don’t log the same request multiple times):
- SMS: 31220 (standard charges apply)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online: www.capetown.gov.za/servicerequests
Be energy wise:
- Turn the geyser temperature down to 60°C.
For more tips: https://savingelectricity.org.za/