- All Smile 90.4FM competitions are conducted in accordance with the provisions of Section 54 (1) of the Lotteries Amendment Act (46 of 2001).
- Smile 90.4FM competitions are open to legal residents of the Republic of South Africa and must be at least 18 (eighteen) years old, unless otherwise stated. Competitions are not open to employees, agencies, prize sponsors or contractors of Smile 90.4FM, or any person directly or indirectly involved in the organisation or running of the competition, or their immediate family members.
- By entering Smile 90.4FM competitions, entrants agree to adhere to competition rules and regulations, details of which entrants declare themselves conversant with.
- Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the transgressor.
- Smile 90.4FM may disqualify a transgressor for entry into any other Smile 90.4FM competitions, for a period deemed appropriate by Smile 90.4FM Management.
- Participants/listeners enter or take part in competitions at their own risk and Smile 90.4FM accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage or harm suffered as a result of participation in any of Smile 90.4FM’s competitions.
- The announcement of a winner, through any Smile 90.4FM channel, does not constitute a ruling by station management that the winner has complied with the rules above. Smile 90.4FM may disqualify the entrant after the announcement should any rule transgressions be discovered.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes may not be exchanged for cash or any other prize, nor are they transferable.
- Cash prizes may take up to 30 days to be paid out, and will only be paid into a valid South African bank account in the name of the person who is the valid winner of the prize. Cash prizes that are won by minors will only be paid to the legal guardian of the minor.
- Unless stated otherwise, if a car is a prize, the winner must be over 18 and in possession of a valid driver’s licence – should a winner not be in possession of a valid driver’s licence the Smile 90.4FM may withhold the prize at its sole discretion or award the prize as it deems fit. If a car is a prize, the prize includes license and registration. Unless stated otherwise, extra accessories are not included as part of the prize. Insurance for the car will be the new owner’s responsibility.
- Winners use and accept prizes at their own risk. Smile 90.4FM and the prize sponsors (and/or their respective agencies) cannot be held responsible for any accident, injury, or loss of property experienced as a result of winning, accepting and/or utilising prizes won.
- Each listener is entitled to win only one prize, value ≥ R1000, in a period of three calendar months. Smile 90.4FM reserves the right to not award a prize if the listener has won a prize prior during the three month “window period”. This also applies to listeners who provide another family member or friend’s contact details.
- Smile 90.4FM reserves the right to redistribute all unclaimed prizes if not claimed after two months after being given away through any Smile 90.4FM channel.
- Where indicated, finalists will forfeit their participation in the competition if they fail to attend the draws.
- Smile 90.4FM will make every reasonable effort to deliver the prize described in the promotion’s publicity, but cannot accept responsibility if the prize differs in whole or part from that advertised. Similarly, prize values quoted may differ from the actual value of the prize.
- Smile 90.4FM reserves the right to alter rules or prizes at their own discretion. Such altered rules and prizes shall become effective immediately after being altered or on such date as may be determined by Smile 90.4FM. No entrant shall have any recourse against Smile 90.4FM as a result of the alterations of the rules or prizes.
- Smile 90.4FM and the prize sponsors reserve the right to terminate the competition at any time, if deemed necessary in their opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control, and shall not be liable to entrants in such event for any cause or action whatsoever.
- On acceptance of a prize, a prize winner grants permission to Smile 90.4FM and the prize sponsor to use their name and/or image for publicity purposes, whether broadcast or published.
- Should entrants use a mobile phone for entry into the competition, the telephone calls / text messages they make will be charged at the prevailing rates, which may vary from time to time. “Free” minutes under a cell-phone contract do not apply.
- Smile 90.4FM shall not be responsible for charges incurred from the participant’s service provider. By entering Smile 90.4FM competitions it will be deemed that the account payer has agreed to the charges regardless of whether or not the call is answered.
- Smile 90.4FM reserves the right to modify the content of these Terms and Conditions with retroactive effect should modification be required to ensure the proper execution of the Competition.
- Smile 90.4FM will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of Smile 90.4FM. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry. Smile 90.4FM accepts no responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to lost, delayed or not received entries or winner notifications.
- By entering the Competition, entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms & conditions. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of the Prize.
- The copyright, image rights and any other rights vesting in any promotional footage and photographs will remain the property of the Smile 90.4FM, which reserves the right to use them in any manner.
General Contest Guidelines
- Smile 90.4FM
- Up Next