Sunday is Mother’s Day … that means Mom deserves breakfast in bed, right?
I’ve researched the best French Toast recipe for you to make and you don’t need to be a Masterchef in the kitchen!
Let’s start with the basics:
The best kind of bread to use for French toast is:
Brioche – it’s the classic for French Toast, or sliced French loaf. Good ol’ sliced sandwich bread will work just as well, but if you really want to make French Toast extra wow, get the special bread.
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (optional)
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 thick slices bread
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
This recipe calls for flour – the secret ingredient that makes this French Toast better than all the rest. The flour helps to make the liquid more of a “batter” which will create extra fluffy and delicious French Toast. Flour is the secret ingredients!
- Add all the ingredients, except the bread, to a blender or shallow dish and whisk well to combine.
- Dip the bread slices into the egg mixture, ensuring both sides are coated evenly.
- Melt some butter in a griddle/pan.
- Place bread on the griddle or pan – medium heat
- Cook for a few minutes on each side, until golden.
Serve warm with maple syrup and fresh berries, or a dusting of icing sugar and cinnamon, or with Nutella… Yum!
It’s a sure way to make sure Mom starts her day off right, in a delicious, indulgent way!
More Posts for Show: Bailey Schneider