The CTICC mass Vaccination Centre of Hope opens today, Wednesday 7 July, and will administer 750 000 vaccinations by December.
The Western Cape Government, the City of Cape Town and Discovery Health conducted an oversight visit at the facility yesterday.
Premier Alan Winde said that the Vaccination Centre of Hope is a pioneering collaboration, that shows what is possible when the private and public sector work together.
Eligible residents, whether they have a medical aid or not, will be assisted at this site.
The CTICC Vaccination Centre of Hope will be one of the biggest vaccination sites in the country.
- 50 vaccination stations will be operational at the site.
- More than 4000 people can be vaccinated per day when it reaches its full operational capacity.
- Onsite registration will be possible at the site, to help those who need assistance.
- Vaccinations will be free of charge for everyone visiting the site.
- The site will have sophisticated cold-chain refrigeration, waste management processes and IT infrastructure, and the capability to administer both the Pfizer-BioNTech double dose and Johnson & Johnson single dose vaccines.
Everyone over the age of 50 is currently eligible to register for their COVID-19 vaccine on EVDS, and is urged to do so by using any of the following steps:
- Visit http://vaccine.enroll.health.gov.za/ (which can also be accessed on westerncape.gov.za)
- WhatsApp the word REGISTER to 0600 123456
- Dial *134*832*ID number# if you don’t have internet access.
ICYMI 👉 The CTICC Vaccination Centre of Hope opens today! This mass vaccination centre is a pioneering private/public sector collaboration that will see over 4 000 people vaccinated per day when it reaches its full operating capacity. Read more: https://t.co/ApSIjmDebG. pic.twitter.com/uyEt9NXvQ2
— Western Cape Gov (@WesternCapeGov) July 7, 2021