The NICD (National Institute for Communicable Diseases) advises that people with acute respiratory illness with sudden onset of at least one of the following: cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or fever need to seek medical attention.
Also, if they were in close contact with a confirmed infection
Had a history of travel to areas with presumed ongoing community transmission, Mainland China, South Korea, Singapore, Japan, Iran, Hong Kong, Italy, Vietnam and Taiwan
Admitted with severe pneumonia
- Avoid close contact with people suffering from acute respiratory infections.
- Practice frequent hand-washing, especially after direct contact with ill people or their environment.
- Avoid visiting markets where live animals are sold.
- Travellers with symptoms of acute respiratory infection should practice cough etiquette (maintain distance, cover coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or clothing and wash hands)
- Travellers should self-report if they feel ill.