Here’s the reality… none of us have our sh## together… BUT some people are better at pulling their life together and here are 5 little things we can do to make us feel better put together.
- Make your bed. Getting home after a long day at work to find a jumbled duvet falling off the bed and your pillows sprawled across the room is less than enticing. However, we all know the feeling of walking in and seeing a bed made at the end of the day. Before heading off for work, take the time in the morning to make your bed. It’ll take two minutes to make your entire bedroom look put together and will set the tone for a better day ahead.
- Go through your bank statements.At the end of the day (or first thing in the morning), go through your bank account or statement transaction by transaction. Not only does this hold you accountable for all the times you swipe your card for the little things, but it allows you to fully understand and track everything you’re spending your hard-earned cash on. It’s not about becoming a financial guru overnight; it’s just watching how you make your money moves.
- Clear out your inbox.There are 2 types of people. Those who have very neat inboxes and those who have 3256 unread emails. Set up different labels for all the different emails you receive, and start making it a habit to immediately file away emails after opening them. Take this time to also delete anything you don’t actually need. Send those spam emails straight to the spam folder too!
- Create a home for everything.When things that you own have a home, they’re so much easier to organize and to stay uncluttered. You’re also far more inclined to return them to their home… so if your keys and sunglasses have a home on your entrance way table, that’s where you’ll put them each time and won’t have to look for them each morning. Have a filing system that works, create compartments for items you need frequently.
- Ask for help when you need it.Having your sh1t together doesn’t mean you have it all figured out. It’s all about confidence, and you must have enough confidence to know when you don’t have all the answers. If you’re unsure of anything in life, seek out the answers from friends, family, or even professionals.
More Posts for Show: Bailey Schneider