Here’s some Wednesday Wisdom for you!
- Stop expecting them to agree with you. You deserve to be happy. You deserve to live a life you are excited about. Don’t let the opinions of others make you forget that. You are not in this world to live up to the expectations of others, nor should you feel that others are here to live up to yours.
- Stop expecting them to respect you more than you respect yourself.Decide this minute to never again beg anyone for the love, respect, and attention that you should be showing yourself.
- Stop expecting (and needing) them to like you.You might feel unwanted and unworthy to one person, but you are priceless to another. Don’t ever forget your worth. Spend time with those who value you. No matter how good you are to people, there will always be one negative person who criticizes you. There’s a saying that I LOVE… “You can be the ripest, juiciest, sweetest peach in the world, and there’s still going to be someone who hates peaches.”
- Stop expecting them to know what you’re thinking.People can’t read minds. They will never know how you feel unless you tell them. Your boss? Yeah, he doesn’t know you’re hoping for a promotion because you haven’t told him yet. The crush you haven’t talked to because you’re too shy? You guessed it, they haven’t given you the time of day simply because you haven’t given them the time of day either. Communication is KEY!
- Stop expecting people to change. If there’s a specific behavior someone you care about has that you’re hoping disappears over time, it probably won’t. If you really need them to change something, be honest and put all the cards on the table so this person knows how you feel and what you need them to do. It’s then up to them to decide if they can and will adjust.
More Posts for Show: Bailey Schneider