Here’s some Wednesday Wisdom for you in Bailey’s Hi-5.
- They start their mornings together. Fact: How you start your morning affects your entire day. So you better believe it’ll influence your outlook on your relationship, too. Rather than going through the motions like little robots, wake up early enough to connect and get centered for a few minutes—whether that’s bringing each other coffee in bed, or both being in the kitchen together – one doing kids lunches, one putting out the breakfast… Make it a habit before the day gets too hectic.
- They check in several times a day. Communication is the name of the game. Now it’s a balance… checking in means small gestures (think: a midday text to see how their day is going, or a call to finalise dinner plans.) It’s not a WhatsApp message every 10 minutes with a play-by-play of your day like: Hi love, going into a meeting. Now I’m about to eat lunch. You might as well add: Going to the loo. No… it’s about sweet check ins to let the other know you’re thinking of them!
- They prioritize physical contact. Almost every happy couple can vouch for the importance of physical contact in private (like holding hands while lounging on the couch) and in public (like cross-table eye contact on date night). Why? Physical contact (and eye contact) are really important to staying close to your partner emotionally. Don’t pass on a hello and goodbye kiss. Hold hands. Give a hug or a shoulder squeeze.
- They keep their weekends open. Now I realise that those with kids – you’re rolling your eyes. You probably have kids parties and so on… but try your best for at least one weekend a month to create some downtime. It’ll give you the chance to get back to what made you fall in love in the first place. Go for a drive and listen to music like you did when you were teenagers. Have a dance party in the living room together after the kids have gone to bed. Or simply enjoy some quiet time doing your own things in the same space.
- They have a bedtime routine. No matter how busy your schedules get, you’ll always have that sweet window before sleep to wind down, wash your face, set your alarm and snuggle up in bed. One couple mentioned that they have a nightly traditional of climbing into bed with a glass of wine and a magazine of their choosing. Another couple cuddles up and shares their high and low points from the day.
How many of these can you tick off?
More Posts for Show: Bailey Schneider