- Take a B12 Vitamin. B12 is basically known as the energy vitamin. It is crucial for your energy throughout the day, and general wellness, by supporting cellular energy levels and production.
- Stay hydrated. Fun fact: the most common cause of fatigue is dehydration. Here’s a little Biology lesson in a nutshell: If you’re not hydrated enough, your blood volume can drop, and your body has to work harder in order to bring oxygen and nutrients to cells, making you tired. A glass of ice cold water during a particular energy slump or an important event, like a meeting, helps you stay more alert, focused, and awake.
- Try Essential Oils. Essential oils do it all, don’t they? They help indigestion, beat breakouts, and they also can give you energy. Peppermint and tangerine oil energize you, while nutmeg oil fights fatigue and can help you focus. Diffuse, sniff from a bottle or scented cloth, or put on your pulse points for an extra jolt whenever you need it. If essential oils are not your thing, chew on peppermint or spearmint gum for a similar energizing jolt.
- Snack on an apple. Ever heard “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”? Well an apple a day also keeps grogginess and fatigue away. Picking up an apple for an afternoon snack might specifically have energy benefits. It’s full of vitamin C, fiber, and some sources say eating an apple might even give you more energy than coffee!
- Get outside. Just 15-20 minutes of sunshine awakens your body and gives you more energy. Why not make some calls or answer some emails outside, like on a park bench, rather than in your office. You could also eat your lunch outside
More Posts for Show: Bailey Schneider