Seeing the world is easier nowadays thanks to technology. You don’t even need to get out of your PJs.
These tours actually exist and take you through the artsy hallways of museums around the world. They give you a chance to gaze at paintings and sculptures, and not worry if you’re standing in anyone’s way. Whether you’re wandering around sculptures, or staring at the details in a piece by Monet, you don’t have to feel rushed or wonder, “Should I give someone else a turn?”
These tours — which are totally free — are made for seeing the sights on your own time, and enjoying iconic pieces of culture from the comfort of your couch.
- The Louvre: If touring the sights of Paris is on your bucket list, then look no further than the Louvre’s virtual tours. They take you into the iconic exhibits and brightly-lit hallways, so you can see the remains of a fortress and Egyptian Antiquities up close. Grab a glass of wine and some snacks to make this experience feel extra special. Click here: https://www.louvre.fr/en/visites-en-ligne
- The Smithsonian’s National Portrait Gallery is home to iconic portraits like the ones of Barack and Michelle Obama, among lots of other art. To see the portraits, simply head to Google Arts and Culture, and click on the yellow man icon. You can get pretty close to each work of art within this feature. Click here: https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/national-portrait-gallery?hl=en
- Take your couch travels into Europe with a virtual tour of the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam. This museum is entirely dedicated to art from Van Gogh, is a dream and worth exploring for at least an hour. Check out works like Sunflowers and Almond Blossom to really get a gist of this iconic artist’s style. Click here: https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/van-gogh-museum?hl=en
- Works of art from every era come to life at The J. Paul Getty Museum in Los Angeles. Discover the masterpieces right at home by clicking through the paintings on a virtual tour. Click here: https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/the-j-paul-getty-museum?hl=en
- Last but not least, if you adore everything related to nature, then check into a virtual tour of The National History Museum in London. This tour is serving major Night at the Museum vibes and will keep you entertained for hours. Click here: https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/natural-history-museum
Who knew traveling could be done at home and be so fun?
More Posts for Show: Bailey Schneider