If you have oily hair, fine hair, frizzy hair, curly hair or you want your hair to grow, I’ve got a hair mask for you that you can make right out of your kitchen.
- Oily Hair: Lemon, honey and apple cider vinegar. You need ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar, ½ a lemon, juiced and 1 tablespoon of honey. Apply to your hair and leave on for 15-20 mins. This mask helps with very oily hair because the apple cider vinegar has vitamins and nutrients to clean up the scalp, while lemon is a natural astringent and honey is antibacterial, meaning they can treat dandruff and reduce itchiness.
- Fine Hair: Egg white and half a Lemon juice. Let this mask restore volume using just two powerful ingredients–egg and lemon juice. Squeeze the lemon juice into the egg whites. The proteins found in egg whites work to remove any product build-up, and they’re rich in vitamins to boost shine and lustre. Meanwhile, the lemon juice eliminates excess oil and strengthen hair. The limonene compound found in lemons give people with fine hair that bounce they’ve been looking for.
- Frizzy Hair: Coconut oil, Jojoba oil and peppermint oil . 2 tablespoon of liquid coconut oil, 1 teaspoon of jojoba oil, 5 drops of peppermint oil and water to dilute. Leave on for 30 mins. Say goodbye to those pesky fly-aways. Coconut oil and jojoba oil keep hair moisturized and hydrated to avoid that static, frizzy look. Peppermint oil enhances the mask by soothing any itchiness and reducing flakes due to dryness, not to mention it will make the mixture smell amazing.
- Curly hair: Avo, egg, lemon and olive oil. 1/2 ripe avocado, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and half a lemon juice. Optional: Add 1 tablespoon of honey. Leave it on for 30 mins. Give your curls some TLC with a hydrating mask. Avocado is a natural moisturizer—thanks to its fatty acids—that strengthens strands and makes it easier to run your comb (or fingers) through your hair. Eggs are packed with protein that can repair and nourish, and the lemon’s antibacterial properties reduce dandruff. Finally, the olive oil’s antioxidant components condition hair to be soft, shiny and healthy.
- Good for Hair growth: 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Optional: Add 1 tablespoon of honey. Leave it on for 30-45 mins. We don’t have to tell you how beneficial coconut oil is, but do you know cinnamon is just as helpful in combating hair loss? The spice has antioxidants and vitamins to stimulate blood circulation to your hair follicles. Aside from encouraging growth, it’s also antimicrobial, which means it can help with dandruff and remove any excess product build-up.