Top Wedding Photographers are sharing their tips for looking and feeling like a million bucks on your special day.
1. Point your feet towards your partner.When posing close together with your partner, point your feet toward each other instead of toward the camera. This helps to remove the camera from the equation and makes it come across like a genuine moment between the two of you.
2. Play with props.Use your hair, jewellery, veil or dress to help you feel more natural on camera. If your hair is loose around your face, allow your partner to reposition it for you! Same goes for his tie. You can also play and pose with your dress’ skirting. This movement will really makes your photos look beautiful.
3. Master the “S” Pose. Never have your body face squarely toward your photographer—this makes you look wider than you are. To look your best, turn your body at a slight angle to the photographer (about a quarter turn). Now, straighten and place all of your weight on your back leg and keep it there. Next, take the front leg (the one closest to the photographer) and step forward, while bending the knee slightly inward and pointing it at the camera. This shifts your hips back, shows off your side profile and drops your body into a flattering ‘S’ curve.”
4. Float your arms. When you squish your arms against your body, they look so much bigger than they are. Make your limbs look extra toned by leaving some room between your body and your arms. One trick is to place your hands gently against your hips and point your elbows out to the sides.
5. Never hold your breath. This common reflex shows tension and gives you a tight smile instead of a comfortable-looking expression. Breathing also helps to lower the natural anxiety and nerves that many people feel at the beginning of a photo session.
More Posts for Show: Bailey Schneider