1. It’s the perfect daily cleanser: It might be time to ditch your daily face wash. Honey’s antioxidants, antiseptic and antibacterial properties make this ingredient a go-to for cleansing and fighting acne. It’ll open your pores and get rid of those pesky blackheads while keeping your skin hydrated all day long. Just wet your face with warm water, use about a 1/2 teaspoon of honey and massage it onto your face in a circular motion for 30 seconds; before rinsing it off and continuing your skin-care routine.
2. It’s a natural exfoliator: Say goodbye to irritated and itchy skin by using a honey face mask to gently exfoliate. This is amazing for those who have sensitive skin. You can also combine other remedies (avocado, lemon or apple cider vinegar) to upgrade the routine. To try it yourself, start by cleaning your face before applying whatever you choose to do (combo or not). Spread a thin layer of honey over your skin and leave it on for 8 to 10 minutes before rinsing with warm water and patting your face dry. Use once or twice a week for results.
3. It’s great for treating acne: If the cleanser and exfoliator are any indication, honey is all-around good for battling acne. Its anti-inflammatory benefits help remove excess oil from the surface, and if applied every day, it’ll balance the bacteria on your skin. Use it as a spot treatment to calm stubborn breakouts, and even to provide relief from autoimmune skin conditions like eczema or psoriasis. The healing properties in honey help skin repair damage faster.
4. It’s a hydrating moisturizer: If you’re prone to dry or itchy skin, applying honey can have soothing effects. Honey fights free radical damage and pollution with its antioxidant properties, and it is really great for giving hydration to the skin, which will smooth and soften your complexion.
5. It’s great for anti-aging: The probiotics, antioxidants, nutrients and enzymes in honey work together to nourish and plump the skin. It retains and rebuilds moisture without making it oily or creating any irritation. While it doesn’t completely eliminate wrinkles, it does reduce their appearance. And the antioxidants help reverse any damage, which is what can lead to visible signs of aging.
A few things to keep in mind: The more often you incorporate honey into your beauty routine, the greater the chances you’ll see results. “The biggest thing about when using honey is its consistency.
More Posts for Show: Bailey Schneider