Gwyneth Paltrow has created her wellness empire, Goop plus she always looks sensational on the red carpet… She’s sharing her 5 top beauty tips that we can achieve too.
- Adopt the mantra “less is more.” Gwyneth really does like subtle make-up, but for the rest of us mere mortals to look good with barely there make-up, we need to adopt her regime. She really takes care of her skin, eats well so the glow comes from within, she exfoliates and drinks lots of water.
- Hold onto your shine. Instead of trying to make herself matte with lots of powder, Gwyneth often prefers a soft, illuminated glow that leaves her face looking dewy, not oily. This youthful look can be achieved by adding a few drops of facial oil to your foundation before applying. You can also add a little highlight to your cheekbones and tip of your nose.
- Pair bold make up with pin straight hair. It’s all about balance, people. A bright red lip and black eyeliner deserve the spotlight, so let them stand out against a simple middle part and stick-straight locks. This is a powerful look in the office too.
- Brush eyeshadow below the eyes for the ultimate smokey look. Smoky eyes aren’t necessarily anything new, but Paltrow’s approach just might take yours up a notch. Just sweep a bit of charcoal shadow on your upper lid, then—this is the trick—underneath your bottom lashes. It’s a soft yet dramatic way to do a night time look you’ll never tire of.
- Use cheek tint for a natural flush. She loves a rose-coloured cheek balm that gives her a healthy glow. Just dab on bit on cheeks and lips for a healthy sheen that won’t turn cakey or papery by the end of the night.